If you are visiting Italy for the first time and you are planning on hiring a car for your easy movement when you are in any part of the country, it is a good idea but it is very important to know what it entails to hire and drive in Italy. Also hiring a car in the city is not necessarily important because there are buses for easy transportation of visitors.
What to consider before renting a car in Italy
There are some important facts one have to consider before hiring a car in Italy although the city welcomes visitors and allows them to drive, it is good to understand that there are some rules that must not be crossed. Some of the points to consider before hiring a car in Italy are;
Where to hire a car in Italy:- Hiring a car in Italy is very easy and not time-consuming though it is very important to plan well before getting to Italy so as to enjoy your trip. There are a lot of Italy luxury car hire companies that rent luxury cars out in every part of Italy so it is very essential for one to study and get information on the companies before choosing the perfect one.
Motorway:- It is very important to know and explore motorways in Italy. There are over 479,688 kilometers i.e. 298,064 miles) standard roads in Italy that are suitable for driving. the traffic in Italy most times are always heavy and always move fast and fortunately, drivers in Italy are always acting maturely and well behaved. It is very important to know that there are tolls in Italy that drivers have to pay a token once they pass through. It is very easy to drive in Italy but may not be so easy for visitors to drive in some cities such as Milan and Rome. But with time it will be very easy and straightforward for visitors to drive in any part of the country. Furthermore, if you cannot drive in the country, you can always hire a driver for a period of time and you don’t need to have millions before you can get a good driver who will serve you the period.
Driving:- There are some changes that must be observed that entails how to drive in Italy that is totally different from other parts of the world such as the :
- Driving is on the right and anyone who is familiar to left driving have to adapt although it can be so difficult for some set of people to adapt because some of them have been driving another way round for years
- Another important fact to always take note of is that one has to carry driving license if one is willing to drive in Italy and in some cases, it might be more than the driving license. Some other important document such as insurance papers and car documents might be required.
- It is always advisable to keep some money in the pocket for the parking meters which one might need.
- Parking in Italy can be so confusing at times so it is very important for travelers to always arrive the place early so as to book a space that is suitable and always plans to move early before the rush hours.
To drive safe in Italy, there are other some important points one should always keep in mind and also there are things to do to make the trip a fulfilled one. Some of the things one need to know about driving in Italy are:
- It is well known that Italians are always so confident and sometimes aggressive so it is very important to always have it in mind. Don’t you ever try to wait for drivers in Italy or want them to slow down just for you because the majority will never slow down and some of them will not let you out even when there is a chance
- It is very important for you to learn more about the roads in Italy before driving in the country because there are some roads that are technically hard to drive on them even though they look easy on paper; it is not easy when it comes to driving on them.
- There are some new or uncommon road signs that are present in the country so it is very important for visitors in Italy that are willing to drive in the country to learn the signs before driving because it might put them in trouble if they do not learn what each sign denotes.
- It is also very important for visitors to check what the toll charge for each city is. Visitors should make it a point of duty to learn about other fees they will have to pay before hiring a car in the country. This information can be gotten from I ‘Italia website from any part of the world so why don’t you do your assignment well before coming to Italy
- Another thing to do before coming to Italy is to plan the journey right as this will help when one lands in the country. There are some important things one should do before coming to the country that will aid easy movement and also reduce stress.
There are lots of Italy luxury car hire companies that one can hire a luxury car from in Italy. All these companies render good services to their customers by providing cars that make their movement easy. Although there are some cars readily available at the airport, unfortunately, they are always limited. Most of the companies rent out luxury cars that such as Bentz, Lamborghini, Ferrari and other exotic cars just to please their customers. Italy is a beautiful country and it contains some amenities that will not necessarily allow visitors to hire a car during their stay in the country. There are trains, buses that ply every corner of the country especially in some popular cities of the country. Hiring luxury cars can be so expensive compared to the price of public buses that are readily available in the country. So take your decision wisely.